Type of Contract
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: To undergo a training programme in order to become competent for the position of a Buyer.
A Trainee buyer will be exposed to the following:
- Sourcing suppliers and management of those relationships
- Range building and balancing
- Gross profit negotiation and control
- Sales and mark downs
- Research about target market and competitiveness
- OTB control
- General ad hoc tasks related to the Buying process
JOB INCUMBENT REQUIREMENTS
- Relevant Degree (e.g. Consumer Science) or Diploma (e.g. Clothing / Purchasing Management)
- At least two years’ work experience in a retail environment
- Two to three years’ experience in a buying or factory environment will be advantages
- Computer Literacy (MS Office)
- Competencies Required: Planning, organizing and control; Business acumen; Commercial acumen; Negotiation and influencing; Confidence and decisiveness; Stress tolerance; Excellent communication skills and the ability to function independently
Please ensure that you attach your CV when you apply.
If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks of the closing date of this position, please regard your application as being unsuccessful.